About the Executive Board
The Foundation Council and the member of the Senate of Berlin responsible for education, youth and science each appoint one member to the Executive Board. One seat on the Executive Board is assigned ex officio to the current President of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW). Members of the Executive Board are appointed for a term of four years. It has the status of a statutory representative.
The duties of the Executive Board are:
- establishment of the Foundation’s budget plan
- resolution on the appropriation of profits
- establishment of policy/activity areas
- appointment of an auditor
- appointment of a managing director
The Executive Board meets at least four times in a financial year. For more detailed information on the work of the Executive Board, please refer to our statutes (in German).
Credits: ©Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities