About the Foundation Council
Five to seven members of the Foundation Council are public figures with experience in national and international science and research or science and research policy. One member is from the university field, and is nominated by the eligible institutions and non-university research institutions. The Senator for education, youth and science also holds a seat on the Foundation Council.
The duties of the Foundation Council are:
- advice, support and monitoring of the Executive Board
- appointment of the Chairman of the Executive Board
- resolutions concerning i.a.:
- recommendations for the management of the endowment fund
- the budget plan
- the priority funding areas to be specified
- the establishment of the Research Board
- the annual report
- the selection of the auditor
- amendments to the statutes
For more detailed information on the work of the Foundation Council, please refer to our statutes (in German).
Credits: ©Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities