Can Einstein Starting Researchers work at non-university research institutes?

Although applications must be submitted by Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin, Universität der Künste Berlin or Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Einstein Starting Researchers may collaborate with non-university research institutes. In this case, please include an additional letter of support from the research institute outlining the envisioned cooperation.